My client is a leading name in the production of High end precision components used within the Power generation, Oil & Gas, defence and nuclear markets. Due to continued growth the company have an opportunity for an experienced Estimator to join the team.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
• You will be responsible for the accurate, efficient, cost-effective and timely provision of technical estimates and customer quotations.
• Preparation of detailed estimates for meeting customer orders involving materials, machining, assembly, welding & testing times for the manufacture of components & sub-assemblies.
• Preparation of detailed estimates for Precision component parts.
• The ability to estimate from basic concept layouts and detailed drawings.
• Preparation of detailed technical quotations.
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Liaising with customers.
• Liaising with suppliers and obtaining quotes.
• Have a good understanding of engineering principles, manufacturing / machining processes, times & techniques.
• Ideally possess experience as a turner, miller or CNC machinist and have served an appropriate apprenticeship.
• Have ability to understand complex engineering drawings. Aptitudes Required
• Ability to communicate at all levels
• Must be capable of working using own initiative
• Organised and disciplined with excellent team working and communication skills
• Strong Time Management Skills.
• Experience of estimating precision machined / manufactured components with strong attention to detail.
• Worked in manufacturing, engineering and precision machining environment Qualifications
• Time served Apprenticeship.
• HND in Manufacturing or Mechanical Engineering ideal but not essential